OUR SUPPORT AND EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
Our Recommended Steps to Begin the Process of Building Housing on Your Property:
“How Can Our Congregation Help?”
Determine Buildability of Your Property
- Do you have excess land?
- Do you want to help meet regional housing needs?
- If so, for what group? Homeless/formerly homeless, seniors, Veterans, students, etc.
- How many units will your Community Plan allow?
- Are there seismic, environmental, or other concerns to discuss?
2. Team Building
“If we can build housing what’s next?”
Design, Construction and Financing Options:
- The YIGBY team of experts will review your site and come up with a conceptual site plan
- The YIGBY team will recommend third party architects and developers to help you refine your plan
- The YIGBY team will connect you to mission driven lending partners to help you secure a favorable interest rate
3. Shepherding the Flock
“Who will manage the housing?”
- Self-Manage units
- Hire third party Property Manager
- Master Lease units to social services partner to choose residents, collect rent, provide case management services
“How will this help our congregation?”
Benefits to Your Congregation
- Community relevance and being a part of the solution
- Sustainable rental revenue essential for growth
- Maximize God’s blessings by activating value and improving stewardship
5. Serving the Greater Good
“How will this serve the greater good?”
Benefits to the Community
- Provide long term housing for homeless, seniors, Veterans, students, etc.
- More housing throughout the County benefits the overall economy
- Keeps housing costs lower with no property taxes and no land acquisition expenses and delays
- Builds demand for innovative housing as an economic growth industry in the region